I am a PASTA addict! I could eat pasta for all 3 meals plus more! Over the years I’ve always been whipping up my own creations for pasta dishes and I usually always get pulled back to this delicious recipe I came up with on my own! It’s very quick and easy, and is great for any dinner party or dinner date.
– 2 medium onions cubed
– 1 clove of crushed garlic
– 1 red pepper cubed
– 1 orange pepper cubed
– 1 zucchini cubed
– 2 fresh tomatoes cubed
– Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (optional)
– 4 tablespoons olive oil
– salt & pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 cup feta cheese
– 1/4 chopped kalamata olives
– 1 cup of pasta (either fusilli or penne)
In a large pot boil water. Once water is boiling add pasta. Cook until al dente. Strain water & add a touch of olive oil.
In a large pan at medium heat, sautee onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add peppers & zucchini, mixing every few minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, add oregano and 2 teaspoons of Frank’s Red Hot (if you like it spicier add more Frank’s Red Hot) Sautee all ingredients until tender. Add tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour on top of pasta. Garnish with feta & kalamata olives.
* You can add more veggies such as green pepper and mushrooms; and you can substitute the cheese for goat or mozzarella